Here are some specific examples of question templates that adhere to the general principles of asking good questions.
- Please could you introduce yourself, and tell us what you do?
- Could you tell us about your company?
- What does your company do?
- What clients do you serve, and what are the typical problems you help them solve?
- What are your product's main features, and how do they work?
- Could you provide an example or case study that would illustrate that for our audience?
- What led you to where you are now?
- How did you develop the skill you are known for now?
- What advice would you give to a smart, driven college student about to enter the real world?
- What routines, habits or tools have you found to be helpful in your personal development?
- What are bad recommendations you hear in your profession or area of expertise, that people should ignore?
- How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for success in later life?
- Do you have a favourite failure?
- What is an unusual habit or weird thing that you love?
- What are the books that have most influenced your life?
- What purchase of $100 or less in the past 6 months has most positively influenced your life?
- What is one of the most worthwhile investments you’ve ever made?
- In the past 5 years, what new belief, new behaviour or new habit has most positively influenced your life?
- In the past 5 years, what have you become better at saying no to?
- When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, what do you do?
- What’s on the horizon for you and your company? What will you be focusing your energies on over the coming 6-12 months?
- Where can people find out more about you online? Do you have a website? How can people find you on social media?
Client Testimonial Gathering
- What was life like before you discovered our product?
- What was the problem you were looking to solve with our product?
- How did you find us?
- Why did you choose our product over the other products in the market?
- What were the features in our product that you were most interested in?
- What results have you obtained thanks to our product?
- If you were to recommend our product to a friend, what would be the main reason?
- What could we do differently to improve our product for you?
Where did you apply for this position?
What was it about the role that you found most interesting?
What's the current status of your job search?
What would your ideal position look like?
What are your salary expectations?
What is the notice period in your current job?
What is your availability for an interview?